Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Chinese Philosophy - PART I

In this essay I will argue that making plans for the future is counterproductive. How is this so? This is so because I say it is so. If, on the contrary, one says that it is not so, then it is not so. Now that it can be so and can also be not so simultaneously, the argument is neither true, nor is it false. The argument simply is. Since it is, it is open to an infinite amount of judgment. Each individual judgment will then, in turn, be open to an infinite amount of opposing arguments. The one question leads to innumerable amounts of separate answers, and the many answers all lead back to the one question. My answer, whether it convinces you or not, can be nothing other than truth to me. What is truth? Truth is discernable to the individual but indescribable to the masses. Truth is a product of knowledge that generates an answer. Knowledge is a product of truth that generates many answers. My knowledge of the Truth is little, but what is true to me is the value I put into what I am learning and practicing. Within this practice of writing about my grasp of ancient Chinese philosophy and the impact it has had on me, I plan to generate a strong, true and universal answer to the question of, whether or not, planning is counterproductive.
To make a plan is to organize for an end result. A result is something impenetrable, and being impenetrable, it must be unchangeable and definite. When the result is obtained, a new plan will be made and a new result will be aimed at. This is the way of human beings. Human life is flustered with a cyclical pattern that consists of the birth and death of plans. I plan to write this. Now I plan to write this. The words I chose to write don’t seem to come from the wind, or from the stars, but from the thought of what I think should be said next. The words I am choosing for this present sentence took extra planning, some were erased and some added, and in the end, the simple sentence I planned to write became rigid and confusing for you to read. It is the immediate, spontaneous decisions we make that enable us to move swiftly through life, or essay writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment