Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why?

Here's a scenario. . .

A man named Boy is on his way to class on a sunny day. It isn't just any class. It is a mandatory science class. Nor is it any ordinary day. The clouds are non-existent. The wind, a mere breeze. The temperature is at the perfect medium so that Boy cannot differentiate if it is hotter or colder. It simply just is.

Boy oh boy, our man Boy has a dilemma here. He fears that if he goes to class he will then waste his opportunity to enjoy this beautiful day. On the other hand, he is fearful of the consequences of missing this class. Mind you, Boy did not willingly sign up for this class, it was mandatory for him to take it. And so, Boy was ever so upset on his way to class when he bumped into Miss Mama.

"What's up kid? You look pensive!" cried Mama. Mama always had a way with knowing how Boy was feeling, even without having to speak.
"I don't want to go to class." cried Boy.
"So don't." Mama murmured.
"I don't want to get in trouble, or bad grades, or any of that extra shit either!" Boy barked.
"So go to class then, Bo--"
"Well I know what I Have to do. I see what the Want me to do, but I am having trouble making time for things that I think I Need to do and its getting to me, Mama. Does that make me crazy?"

There was a pause of uncertainty between the two as they both pondered their present day existence. . . Questions like "Am I happy?" and " What's really important to me?" were no floating in the back of each of their minds when Mama said, "It's all relative, Boy."

No comments:

Post a Comment